1 (baseball) the act of hitting a baseball lightly without swinging the bat
2 disease of wheat characterized by replacement of the grains with greasy masses of smelly smut spores [syn: stinking smut]
4 fungus that destroys kernels of wheat by replacing them with greasy masses of smelly spores [syn: Tilletia caries]
1 hit a ball in such a way so as to make it go a short distance [syn: drag a bunt]
2 to strike, thrust or shove against, often with head or horns; "He butted his sister out of the way" [syn: butt]
- Rhymes: -ʌnt
- The middle part, cavity, or belly of a sail; the part of a
furled sail which is at the center of the yard.
- The bunt of the sail was green.
- A ball that has been intentionally hit softly, sometimes with a
hands-spread batting stance or with a close-hand, choked-up hand
position. No swinging action is involved.
- The bunt was fielded cleanly.
- The act of bunting
- The manager will likely call for a bunt here.
- The second half of an outside loop, from level flight to inverted flight.
- to intentionally hit softly with a hands-spread batting stance
- Jones bunted the ball.
- to intentionally hit a ball softly with a hands-spread batting
- Jones bunted.
- to perform (the second half of) an outside loop.
- ''We had heard that there was an elite group of three or four pilots in Jodhpur called the "Bunt Club", who had successfully bunted their aircraft - that is, carried out the second half of an outside loop. In the Bunt, you pushed the nose down, past the vertical and still further, until you were in horizontal inverted flight, and came out on the other side and rolled it out.''
Nounbunt (plural bunty)
Bunt may mean:
- Bunt (music), a musical instrument loosely related to the electric guitar, popularised by the cult British pop band Disco Bitch in the mid-1990s.
- Bunt (aerobatics), an aerobatic maneuver also known as an outside loop
- Bunt (baseball), an offensive technique in baseball
- Bunt (community), a Tulu-speaking community found mainly in southern coastal Karnataka, India
- Bunt (fungus) is a fungal disease of grasses, such as karnal bunt, common bunt, and dwarf bunt.
- Bunt (sail) is the middle fat part of a sail, where it is curved.
- The Bunt (song) is a fictional creature that is the subject of three songs by HORSE the Band.
- Bunt Bogoljub (slogan) is a political slogan exploited by Strengths of Serbia Movement. In Serbian, bunt means revolt.
- Bunt (slang) A random word you shout at people from cars.
advance, assault, beak, bear, bear upon, bearing, boost, bowl, brush, buck, bull, bulldoze, bump, bump against, butt, butt against, chuck, cram, crowd, dab, dig, drive, driving force, elbow, fillip, flick, flip, flirt, force, forward, goad, graze, head, hurtle, hustle, impel, impulsion, jab, jam, jog, joggle, jolt, jostle, motive power, move, nudge, pat, peck, pedal, pick, pile drive, poke, pole, press, pressure, prod, propel, propelling, propelment, propulsion, pulsion, punch, push, pushing, ram, ram down, rap, rattle, roll, row, run, run against, shake, shoulder, shove, shoving, shunt, snap, stress, sweep, sweep along, tamp, tap, thrust, tickle, tip, touch, treadle, troll, trundle, whisk